TALLINN INTERNATIONAL BALLET COMPETITION IS HELD ONCE IN TWO YEARS IN TALLINN, ESTONIA.
The next competition is planned for 2022-2023
Please, leave your contacts to get updated information about competition 2022-2023 here
Non-profit organization DX ART, which is focused on developing the field of classical ballet, has been organising the Tallinn International Classical Ballet Competition since 2014 in collaboration with the Tallinn Ballet School.
For the moment the Tallinn International Ballet Competition is the only professional ballet competition held in Estonia.
The competition is directed at young ballet dancers and young choreographers, and it has the following goals and assignments:
- the encouragement of young talented dancers and creation of career opportunities;
- the promotion and development of ballet in Estonia and the world;
- the development and strengthening of international contacts in the sphere of classical ballet;
- the aesthetic education of children and youth;
- the preservation of classical ballet school traditions, their transfer to new generations;
- the promotion of the image of classical ballet training.After an interim of many years, the first international ballet competition was held in Tallinn in March of 2014. Fifty-eight dancers took part in the first competition, and they came from 14 countries around the world. The success of the event became decisive in creating a ballet celebration tradition, when a decision was made to organise a similar event every two years, and to invite talents from around the world.